Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cherokee Nation


So Im in an entrepreneur class this summer and it's pretty much a sausage fest but that's besides the point.
We have to do this thing called the 100 dollar challenge.
You raise $100 and have to make $200 to make back what you spent plus the extra hundred for the challenge by starting your own business. (The proceeds will go to Kiva)
As there are only 8 girls in my class of 40. So I am the only girl on my team with some real interesting characters. The most interesting of which is a guy named Wesly "Two-Eagles" Wright.
You can see his website here.
When he came into class today with what's called a "roach", (a mohawk looking thing made out of porcupine hairs,) I was pretty darn skeptical! But we have been talking a lot in my class about taking risks and answering when opportunity knocks even if its not what you thought it would be.
I told myself to be open minded and hear him out and you know what? We are gonna make an entrepreneur in a 3rd world country mighty happy!
This is serious! This guy makes Native Indian "goods" and sells them for top dollar cause they're bomb! Whodathunk?!?!?
He is just in school to get a degree but he is already extremely successful. I mean, this is what he loves!!! Can you imagine? Doing what you love and making over 100 grand for it?
I mean the guy cracks me up. He's eccentric to say the least! But what entrepreneur isn't? I have always found that when I take the time to get to know someone, no matter how off I think they are, people always surprise me. Everyone has something special! aaawwwwww!
So as weird as it sounds, I am going to learn how to make authentic Indian Roaches this summer.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Ah man I know exactly who you're talking about! When he first told me his name I thought it was "Tweegles."

Sam@Life as Mrs. B said...

I know him! He came to my race and ethnic relations class- and came in his "outfit" I don't know what it's called- haha. But the stuff he sells is pretty interesting! Good luck with that! :)