Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

music to live by

So Sasha was telling me about this great idea to put up records on her wall. She said her and her hubby chose 8 albums each that meant the most to them. I absolutely loved this idea so here are the albums that played the biggest part in my life.


1. Weezer - The Blue Album - This was my first album, given to me 
by a crush for my twelfth b day! It is my ultimate road trip album and "Say
it ain't so" is my fav song of all time. It reminds me to chill out and take
in the world around me, what good rock is, and of growing up.


2. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream - I listened to this c.d. 
a lot after my first big break up in college. It's grunge! So of course
it's great to be depressed to. As odd as it sounds, it was sad with
me, so it became special. "Today" was a song that would make
me feel like the pain wouldn't last forever. Dramatic no?


3. Led Zeppelin (Self titled) - Oh this totally gets in touch with my 
inner hippie soul rocker! I love anything with a great guitar riff and a southern
blues feel. I always wished I could have been born in the 70's when great rock
was easy to find. I listened to it a lot when I got booted out of college, (I
didn't go to class, apparently thats not good?) I felt like a bum, bumming 
off my parents, but hey, I embraced it by listening to Led Zeppelin and 
pretending like I had no cares.


4. Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit - I listened to this 
on a road trip to California with some of my girls! It was seriously
one of the best trips I have EVER been on! We drove everywhere,
went surfing, stayed at our friends awesome house in Newport,
made time with a dreamy surfer guy...okay he was only hot 
because he surfed, but he had long hair dang it! annnd, it
makes me think of the ocean, I miss it so much! I literally
dream of the ocean.


5. Panic! At The Disco - Pretty Odd - This is mine and Trent's
album! It was the first album we could agree on. (He loves rap and
I...don't, haha) It has such a romantic feel to it and we would
just cruise around talking and making plans for the future and just
being kids in love! We had 3 songs from this album on our 
wedding playlist. Hehe, my Grandma wanted classical music.


6. Radiohead - In Rainbows -  One of the few albums I can
listen to all the way through! I listen to this album again and again
during finals week because somehow, it keeps me focused 
and happy. It also reminds me that I have this artsy side that
shouldn't be neglected.


7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication - Oh dear,
my first rebellious album! My parents didn't approve, (maybe
it was the title?) but oh how I loved this album! I was 16
when I got into it, living in Tucson. I was in the middle
of those years when your brain just does wacko things!
 I had so much fun just dreaming, being outside in the hot 
sun, driving around with my boyfriend, just hanging around in
 the desert! The desert is so mysterious, I really was able to 
dream and just be a teenager and this album was
my constant companion.


8. Jimmy Eat World - Clarity - Oh man, Sophomore
year! I started getting into the whole music scene
in AZ, going to shows and discovering the "underground"
music. This album wasn't really underground but I
loved it! I would listen to it constantly on my 
WalkMan and wear my totally cool band shirts!
I may have been totally misguided about what
was cool and how cool I thought I was but at least
 this album was a redeeming factor!


3 comments:

Jules said...

Yeah, um, I'm going to have to copy you now and do an album post too.

Stacey H said...

Oh we are so related. Love the list.

Jeffrey said...

dude you have a blog