Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Um, my name is Ikea?

So this weekend I went to Utah to see my awesome friend Sasha! She was my maid of honor and has always been exceptionally kind and wonderful to me! I always love shopping with her because she knows how to get a lot of great stuff for a great price. When I got there she was like, "wanna make a wreath?" haha do i? Yes. Yes I do! Organized/motivated people always amaze me! I will see something cool to make and say "yeah, that would be cool" but I never do it. This is why I need people like Sasha (and my sister Stacey!) in my life, otherwise my apartment would be boring and and my wardrobe would have nothing but ripped up jeans and skate shirts. Yeah, not a pretty picture!
I wish we would have taken pictures, but I didn't even think about it because we were doing stuff the whole time!!! We hit up TJ Maxx and IKEA and Urban Outfitters, Anthropology, Salty Peaks (for me!!), and ate wonderful food. Cheesecake Factory anyone?!? 
You may think it's odd that I ditched my hubby for the weekend, but the truth is, he's a werewolf so it was best that I got away during the cycle...
hahahaa
No but seriously, having friends is so important! As the little boy on "About a Boy" so wisely said, "You need back up!" Because as much as Trent and I love each other and love to be together, he does NOT want to spend a WHOLE day shopping and I don't want to play video games ALL day! It was especially nice to just get out of town. Rexburg is so small! It's a little bit suffocating! I love the feeling I get when I pass Idaho Falls and I know I'm going somewhere, ANYWHERE! I would have preferred Trent to be with me but he had to work. I am thankful I have a husband who wants me to be safe (duh!) but who is cool with me driving 4 hours to Utah for a girls weekend!
Anyway, so before I went down Trent told me he was cool with me spending a chunk of change because we hadn't in so long. I ended up buying home stuff and new wheels for my skateboard! (And the best black heels ever!) So this means I get to go shopping again for clothes right? ...right? And that means that I need my girls.

3 comments:

sasha said...

VEGAS, BABY. VEGAS.
i so loved having you down here!
i just wish we had more time.

thank you so much for driving all the way down here. i love you. no, we love you.

you are so incredibly to me.
i promise. i will come up to idaho....... once it's warmer. :)

Stacey H said...

Sounds like tons of fun! Yay for girls! :)

Myra said...

I think you need to post a picture of those awesome black shoes!!!