Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

House ramblings

So Trent and I are moving! We have been living in this one bedroom apartment (which turned into a studio due to the lack of windows in the bedroom) on Main Street in Rexburg. It's super old and slightly ghetto but kind downtown chic, well, as chic as you can get in Rexburg, Idaho. It has wood floors and you can watch the summer parades from the windows. We loved living here! It was our little love nook, but I kinda wanna spread out!

So we found this little basement apartment that is HUGE! Well huge for us! It has white fake wood panel walls, carpet, a big bathroom, a big bedroom (with windows! yay!), a big kitchen, a washer & dryer (which is included in the rent!) AND A HUGE LIVING ROOM! They call it a 2 bedroom because the living room is so big, I think they just wanna charge more! It does smell like my Grandma Osborn and I think they may have even stolen her nasty 70's brown and orange floral couch and lacey curtains!

My favority feature is kind of weird; its the window in the bathroom. Not just in the bathroom in general, right above the shower! Which means if I don't close the blinds someone could see me in all my pasty glory BUT I absolutely love it when there is a window in the shower! I feel like I am showering outside and I just dream away! I love being outside and I can't stand when I am in a place where there aren't good windows, which is my main reason for choosing this place. I have to have sunlight! I have to be able to at least SEE the outside world if i can't be in it at the moment.

I will definitely post some pics of the new place, we move in next week!


How amazing would this be? To have a house that easily moves from indoors to outdoors w/ a great back yard? I love it when houses look like they are a part of nature and they incorporate nature into the plans and the lifestyles. Has anyone seen any houses like this lately?

1 comment:

brandilyn said...

JEALOUS you're getting out of this ghetto hood !! can't wait to see pictures of the new place!