Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pearl Harbor Day


Many of you don't know, but I have an extreme patriotic side. I love America. I get teared up when I hear the Star-Spangled Banner or any other patriotic song, especially those that celebrate early America. 

Today is Peal Harbor Day. I don't often get mushy but I am saddened when I think of that terrible day. The world was at war and we were trying to stay out of it as long as possible. The attack on Pearl Harbor took thousands of innocent lives and directly lead to the U.S. entry of WWII which took so many more lives, including two of my Grandmother's brothers.
I think today is a day to honor those who died and those who defended us during a time of unwarranted attack. I also do not just mourn for American lives, but all lives that were lost in this terrible war. Pearl Harbor, D-Day, POW Camps, Concentration Camps, the Atom Bomb, bleh.

It makes me sick to think that one man could start such a thing and literally drag the whole world into it. I hope that I can always have the judgment to recognize evil when I see it. I hope that America will always be worthy to be defended and I hope that my children will never have to live in such times.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

God bless America! I get teared up every time too!