Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

here it comes, a depressing blog post


I love this picture. The compass reminds me to stop to check where you are and to just love, which is what this post is about...


For anyone who knows me, you know I have a temper.

I know, sad.

I have been doing really good for a long time. I have been dealing with hard situations very calmly and with love. I have been letting things slide that truly don't matter. This is truly something that I have to consciously make decisions about. I decide to be nice, I decide to be chill, I decide to not be offended. 

This isn't to say that I am a mean person, I am a very nice, sensitive person. There have been times when I have hurt people, (as we all have,) by saying something thoughtless or mean, and I seriously feel like throwing up after. Sometimes I get really defensive and that's where the problem lies. That's when I get super mad.

Obviously this has something to how I was raised. I never saw anger management. If a stressful situation came up, it was yelled at and beaten until it was gone. Everything was taken as a personal jab so I learned to be constantly on my guard.

I have spent a long time trying to relearn a lot of things. If something stressful comes up, getting mad doesn't help it get done, it slows it down. And more often than not, nobody is trying to hurt you.

The Savior handled all things with love and I should always be striving to be more like Him.

So this post is a reminder to myself. Stop, think, and love. 

Because, All You Need Is Love.

2 comments:

sasha said...

hi.

i'm sending you my chi. my love-chi.

:)

chelse said...

augh.
Kenz.....
one love, one heart, let's get together and feel all right!
I think you are such a calm person and you're my example of what I want to be when I start to get all huffy and puffy and ANGRY!