Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My First Job

Hehee, so as I was writing my last post, I thought it might be fun to tell you about my first job.

My parents moved to Laramie, WY right before my thirteenth birthday. We only lived there for a summer, but boy howdy did I learn how to be a cowgirl...hahaaaahaha

A lady in our ward ran a candy shop and she often employed the young girls in our ward to work there a few days a week. For under minimum wage of course. This particular candy shop was located at the Wyoming Territorial Prison Museum.

Now, this museum has been turned into kind of an old west town. We all had to dress up and taalk liiike thiiuuss. I wore something similar to this little get up. (How I wish there were pictures!)


Every morning I had to open the store, clean everything, stock everything, and make coffee. For me being a little Mormon girl I was simply aghast that I would have to make coffee!! But my parents assured me that eternal damnation would only happen if I actually drank the stuff.

I was in heaven. My first check was a whole $70 (from 3 weeks work), I got free root-beer floats everyday, (my fav,) and all the cute cowboys would come talk to me. (I didn't realize it was because I still looked like an adorable little child, not because I was hot stuff like I thought.)

Here's a picture of the prison part. There were carriage rides that went all around the park.


Also, fun fact, Butch Cassidy spent a year there. Cause he's a rapscallion.



I had to put Paul Newman up because the real Butch is hideous.

Anyway, it was great. I learned how to be a cowgirl that summer, even spent a lot of time on our friends ranch riding horses, 4 wheelers, smoothing roads, driving big trucks, helping dogs give birth to puppies, shooting stuff, etc.

Well sir, it all came to a screeching halt. I caught another girl I worked with stealing from the till, so me being honest, I totally turned her tooshie in. When the cops came to get a statement, I was crying the whole time because I thought she was going to come kill me. (She was in a gang, and also not part of our church ward.) Also, we moved to Arizona.

The end.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

hahaha you dork. i love this story. the end.

Amy McFarlane said...

hahaha i love the end of your story! butch cassidy is my distant cousin (but close enough that i can trace it) so you are calling my family ugly???? hahahaha jk

McKenzie said...

haha no way amy! you must have missed the ugly branch on that family tree and hit the pretty one!

chelse said...

ha ha so awesome. You are one random girl. How come this is your last post? Are you becoming a non blogger now?