Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

uh-oh...another depressing one...grab your hankies

It's that time again, finals week. DUN DUN DUN! It's 2 a.m. and I will not be done for another couple hours. But its all okay!

I don't know why but I have really been missing my family lately. Maybe it's because my parents are having such a hard time right now and all I want is for my family to be close together. My brother's & sisters, brother & sister's in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins. I dunno, I just need a big family hug. I feel a major tie to not only my immediate family but also my extended family. I love all of my nieces and nephews like crazy even though I don't get to see them very often and I have the most amazing in-laws. I am so lucky to have older siblings who love me and look out for me and I always want them to think I'm super cool. ;)
There's just a lot going on right now that I'm worried about. Finals, family, health, the future. It's all kind of piling on me. I just worry all the time that everyone is happy!

Well, everything will be okay. Whether they like it or not my family is stuck w/ me forever so they all HAVE to love me. Yup. In low times I like to listen to this song:


Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
The day is past and gone;
The shadows of the evening fall;
The night is coming on.
Within my heart a welcome guest,
Within my home abide.

[Chorus]
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
Thy walk today with me

Has made my heart within me burn,
As I communed with thee.
Thy earnest words have filled my soul
And kept me near thy side.

Abide with me; 'tis eventide,
And lone will be the night
If I cannot commune with thee
Nor find in thee my light.
The darkness of the world, I fear,
Would in my home abide.

I know it'll all work out, it just sucks in the mean time.

7 comments:

Steve Kolb said...

kenz, props to you and your positivity through hard times. good luck with finals this week! you do what you can and then leave the rest to the Lord.

Stacey H said...

FLY TO ME IN TENNESSEE!!! Big hug time! Let's jump on my trampoline until we wet our pants. Or we could also stop right before that. LOVEYOUMCKENZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bretty said...

and when you get back from tennessee come to LA! you know you want to! and i would TOTALLY love it =)

feel better!!!!!

Myra said...

Hey Kenz! I get how you're feeling! I get that way sometimes, too. Just know there's lots of love coming your way from Lindon!!!!
Love you Kenz!

Grandpa said...

Our family is like the world's biggest and strongest rubber band.....stretches but never breaks. We have folks in at least four foreign countries right now. Sooooo..... Giant family hug from all over the world!

McKenzie said...

Wow guys, thanks so much! I am so feeling the love right now! It means a lot to have this love and support, it makes everything else so much easier.

McKenzie said...

P.S. is my Grandpa speaking to me from the grave? who is that?