Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Living In Stylie: Hatari!

One of my favorite sites, Design Sponge, always does a segment called, "Living In". They take a movie that they love and post modern pieces that reflect the various styles in that movie. So I decided I would take a shot at it.

My husband always talks about how I was a weird kid. I say I was just an old woman in a child's body. I loved old movies on AMC, anything with Gene Kelly or especially The Duke. (Okay so maybe more like an old mad than an old woman.) Hatari! is like 5 hours long and is STILL one of my favorite movies. I definitely feel like a lot of the clothes and interior design from this period are coming back and I love it!

The movie is about a group who capture animals in the wilderness of Africa, (humanely of course,) to send to zoo's around the world. Everyone has their own special skills and are from all different parts of the world. And of course, it's about love! AND PLUS THERES A LODGE THERE NOW THAT YOU CAN VISIT!!! ahhhh!

I think what I love most about the movie was how the way they live flows easily from indoors to outdoors. Everything is so open and they use outdoor furniture inside! And yes, I thought about that as a little girl. I have always wanted and indoor/outdoor house! But without bugs.


Halycon Classic Goggles: Bolsey C22 Camera: African Blesbuck Horns: Recycled Glass Lamp: Schwinn Bike: Leather Camera Case: Gap Vintage Leather Belt: Gap Skinny Cargo: Tan Pants: Safari Shirt: Vintage Binoculars: Sweet Bed: Pier One Swinging Chair: Pier One Floor Screen: Vintage Buckets:

1 comment:

chelse said...

good idea. 1. nice movie choice and 2. I think you're great and I think your pictures are great