Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Take your Flinstones

So the consensus from the Doc is that I am deficient in Vitamin D. I therefore do not soak up my calcium. This also makes my muscles hurt. This is what happens when you live in Idaho and go to school in the Summer!
I will only eat one of these things. The rest are ICKY! Here's the thing, I will eat the eggs but I take out the yoke cause it has lots of calories and that's what has Vitamin D in it.

BUT, the Doc gave me 50,000 mg's of Vitamin D to take once a week to get me goin good and guess what? I have only taken one so far and I feel so much better! I actually could go up the stairs without holding on to anything!

I also have continued to cut out fast food and only eat very little meat! I also cut down my calorie intake to 1,000 calories a day. That may seem low but with this combination I have way more energy, my stomach feels better, my bones feel better, my muscles don't crawl and I have lost 5 pounds!

Another plus is that Trent and I really like cooking together. We didn't know it until now because we never did it! Last night we made oven roasted herb potatoes with fresh herbs, the night before that we made bruschetta with all fresh ingredients, and tonight I am making a grilled tofu stir fry with orange sauce. I'll post pictures cause I'm really proud!

No comments: